- I have been a civil servant for just over eight years, working in different roles in a number of Government Departments – currently the Department for Education.
- Key areas of work include: working with the East Midlands and Humber Region Schools Commissioner to develop and implement regional school improvement strategies, leading three sector based business reviews of regulation and working with Lord Heseltine’s as education and skills lead in his review of Tees Valley following the closure of the SSI steelworks.
- My current recent role is lead for the Doncaster Opportunity Area, part of the flagship programme that is at the forefront of DfE’s drive to improve social mobility in the country’s 12 most challenging areas.
- Governor at Totley Primary School since July 2016 and also a member of the Yorkshire and Humber Maths Hub Strategic Board
- In my spare time, I like to spend lots of time with friends and family, travelling and walking with my dog, Barney.